Saturday, February 28, 2009

Making Pasta from Nothing

It's the end of the work week, I've arrived home from Friday night drinks, I need to go grocery shopping and there's nothing to make a meal at home... or is there? If I take some spaghetti (or other type of pasta) from the pantry, I can usually make a tasty, simple pasta meal utilising some of these simple ingredients that can always be found around my kitchen:
  • Good quality extra virgin olive oil
  • Garlic
  • Chillies (frozen in the freezer)
  • Brown onions
  • Tomatoes (preferably Roma)
  • Basil (grown in a pot on the balcony)
  • Parsley (also grown in a pot on the balcony)
  • Parmesan cheese
Alternatively, I might buy one of the following ingredients on the way home (or already have it in the fridge), to create a pasta dish that is a bit more substantial:
  • Semi-dried tomatoes
  • Rocket
  • Chorizo
  • Red onions
A lot nicer and cheaper than succumbing to some fast food on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment